Need Help? Find Answers Fast.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to start?
- A mobile device (laptop, tablet, iPhone, etc.) that can connect to the internet
- Access too Zoom (free to download)
- Access to our mobile communication tool - Montessi (link will be provided by MFMS Online Co-ordinator after enrolment)
- Family member (if required) to help support your child online (i.e. parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, brother, sister, niece, nephew etc.)
- Printer with coloured ink
- Printable resources and a list of materials that are needed for the upcoming week’s scheduled activities will be provided by MFMS (Materials will generally consist of commonly found household items)
Why choose MFMS Online?
Montessori Curriculum The curriculum is individualized to each child’s needs, each child is valued as a unique individual. Montessori cultivates independence building on developing daily life skills and encouraging hands-on learning.
Specialty Programs We have integrated specialty programs into our core program hours. These programs work hand in hand with what we feel strongly develops the whole child.
Food & Nutrition MFMS Online provides suggested meal plans that are healthy, delicious, and follow the Canada Food Guide recommendations for each age group through the Montessi Portal.
Security & Technology All parent communication will be done through the Montessi Portal or email. We will be utilizing Zoom’s in-meeting security capabilities ensuring that all virtual classrooms are secure, encrypted, locked, and password-protected. Families are screened for security compliance each day in our virtual office prior to joining our virtual sessions.
Tell me about the fees
(via e-transfer, Pre-Authorized Debit, Visa, MasterCard)
- All fees are listed in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
- Fees are payable via e-transfer or credit card.
- No refunds for missed classes or cancellations.
- 24 hour notice must be given for reschedules or cancellations.
- Deposits (if required) will be applied towards the last month’s tuition.
- 5% sibling discount on monthly tuition fees for siblings, applied towards the lower tuition.
For More Information, visit our Fees Page.
How do I get started?
- Schedule a trial for any of our programs
- Click here to fill out the MFMS Online Registration Form
- Receive our welcome package and login information for our portal, Montessi, where all information regarding Zoom, materials, and lesson plans can be accessed
- Placement into Virtual School can start immediately
- Payment is due in full prior to beginning your program
Are virtual classrooms safe?
Yes, all virtual classrooms and private tutoring sessions take place through Zoom and are secure, encrypted, locked, and password-protected.
All parent communication will be done through the Montessi portal or via email to provide weekly schedules/calendars, list of materials needed for the scheduled activities, parent correspondence.
All of our instructors are subject to rigorous reference and police vulnerable sector checks.
We also have policies in place to keep class safe:
- Video must be turned on with appropriate name labelling
- Any family member that is present must be accompanied by a MFMS enrolled child
Will my child pay attention?
Most students are capable of engaging and sitting on their own after a few sessions. Once your child learns how to navigate Zoom, we have seen that most children are capable of interacting with the program, and are deeply engaged in the lessons and activities.
I don't think my child will sit still
We understand that every child is different, and some are more active than others, therefore take measure to keep the students engaged, such as ensuring that our subjects transition frequently and incorporate movement in order to maintain your child’s interest.
Our teachers are very well versed with teaching online and at maintaining interaction with your child and the other students. The Montessori philosophy of hand-on materials assists your child in learning and overall engagement.
Lower elementary students may have longer subject periods, however the above noted principles still apply.
How involved do I need to be?
In our experience, most children over the age of three require very little assistance, provided the daily materials are ready for their use at the start of class.
Gathering these materials should take no longer than 5 minutes/day.
Do you record the classes?
No. We have a strict safety policy to not record our children, which aligns with our philosophy that we apply to our brick and mortar school. If we were to record, we would first get the expressed consent from all parents.
Is your school accredited?
MFMS Online is validated by the Ministry of Education in the Province of Ontario, Canada to provide a private school education for children K-8. Our Ontario Board School Identification Number (BSID) is 668664. The Montessori philosophy is a globally recognized learning methodology.
Our brick and mortar school is a licensed childcare center in the province of Ontario. Our Virtual Toddler and Casa programs follow the same philosophy and curriculum as our brick and mortar school does.
We recommend you check with your local school board authority as to whether our program will be recognized by them (we can help you with this).
What are the classroom sizes?
We believe in small classroom sizes. Our virtual classrooms have a maximum capacity of 12 students in order to maintain quality of education and maximize student-teacher engagement and interaction.
What are your teachers' credentials?
All of our Montessori teachers are MACTE (Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education) certified, with both extensive in-person and online teaching experience. Specialty classes are provided by industry experts.